Terms and Conditions
L4O is a trading name of Loans 4 Ops Limited (a company incorporated and registered in the United Kingdom with registered number 13035566), whose registered address is 36 Dene Road Northwood London Middlesex HA6 2DA.
The terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to L4O, and the terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to a user of the website.
Loans 4 Ops Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number 951173. We are also registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom under reference C1003090.
All our products and services are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreement governing their use.
We set out below the important points for you to note when using our platform. These summary points are not part of our Terms and Conditions, and are for reference only. Before using our platform, we recommend that you read all of our Terms and Conditions below to ensure that you are happy with them. We suggest that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
You must only use the services of Loans 4 Ops Ltd for your personal use.
You must provide accurate and complete information when using this platform so that our broker, Norton Finance, can provide appropriate quotes. If you input incomplete or incorrect information whilst using this platform and enter into an agreement with a lender on the basis of that information, your agreement may be void.
‘Loans 4 Ops Ltd’ must only be used by UK residents.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will constitute an offer or promotion for services or products outside of the United Kingdom.
All information data and copyright material contained on this platform must not be reproduced or used without our consent.
These Terms and Conditions set out what you should do if you have a complaint against us or a product provider or service provider.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or your use of our Site (including non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising from or related to these Terms or your use of our Site (including non-contractual disputes or claims) provided always that you may bring any proceedings in your country of residence.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE
1. The information that is made available on this website is intended for general information purposes only and is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties of any kind. We do not accept any liability for any loss arising as a result of reliance on the information contained on this website.
2. To register with our lenders you must be over eighteen (18) years of age. You must ensure that the details provided by you on completion of our application form are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering, by updating your personal details.
3. This website is owned by us and is protected by copyright and database rights. You acknowledge that all trademarks (registered or unregistered) used in providing the services shall remain our property at all times.
4. You shall not copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on this website in any way, save for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer or terminal, provided that you do not delete any copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
5. Whilst we retain the right to establish any hypertext links between this website and any third-party website or platform at our discretion, you agree that you will not create any hypertext links or deep links between this website and any third-party site without our express written consent.
6. If you choose to use such a link as detailed in Clause 4 then you will leave this website. Once you leave this website, whether or not you realise that you are leaving, we are no longer in any way responsible for the material on the other website or platform that you enter. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of such external website material causing any damage, costs, injury of financial loss of any kind. If you buy any products and/or services from such a website or platform, you do so at your own risk and these Terms of Service do not apply to the products and/or services you buy from the relevant third party.
7. You agree that you will not use this website to:
i) Commit or encourage any criminal offence, including but not limited to harming a minor in any way and stalking or harassing any other person.
ii) Send or receive any material which is offensive, or which may be abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing, or in breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights. In the event we believe any material falls within any or all of these categories we shall be entitled to remove it.
iii) Collect or store personal data about other users.
iv) Insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus, worm, trojan horse, time bomb, trap door or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of or impair the functionality of this website.
v) Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit or post links to any content that facilitates hacking.
vi) Hack into any aspect of this website.
vii) Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit links to any content that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
viii) Circumvent, or attempt to seek to circumvent, any of the security safeguards of this website.
ix) Cause annoyance to other people accessing this website.
x) Send any unsolicited advertising or other promotional material, commonly referred to as ‘spam’, ‘junk mail’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’ or any other form of solicitation by e-mail or by any other electronic means.
xi) Send e-mail or any other type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities.
xii) Permit any third party to do any of the above.
8. While we try to ensure that all information on this website is accurate and up to date, errors may occur, and we accept no responsibility for such errors. If we discover an error, we will amend the website as soon as reasonably possible.
9. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of this website will not infringe the rights of third parties.
10. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment used by you in connection with this website and agree not make a claim against us for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from the use of such materials.
11. We reserve the right to refuse access to this website or any component part of it. We may at any time, at our sole discretion refuse access to certain areas of this website to any individual we choose: this refusal of access may take whatever form we deem suitable.
12. We make no representations that materials in this website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. No material from this website may be downloaded, exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to UK export restrictions or legal or socio-economic sanctions.
13. We cannot guarantee that the transmission of information or messages sent over the internet is completely secure as there is a possibility of interception at all times. Any transmission is at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any loss, damages or costs whatsoever which you suffer or incur in connection with or arising out of any transmission of information or message sent by you to us or by us to you over the internet or the alteration, interception or misuse of such information.
14. Once we have received your information or message we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. It is your responsibility to keep security information, such as PIN numbers or passwords, secure at all times. We will never ask you for this information and you should not disclose it to any third parties. If you receive any email or other request for such information you should delete it immediately and should not respond. If you think you may have disclosed any security information you must advise us immediately.
1. We will act as a credit intermediary to Norton Finance and Mortgages Limited (company number 5995692, Financial Conduct Authority under Firm reference number 589554). In turn, Norton Finance and Mortgages Limited will approach lenders with whom they have a relationship and who offer the type of credit product you are seeking to apply for.
2. By making an application to us, you are consenting that we can refer your personal information to suitable third-party lenders or credit brokers.
3. The relevant third-party lender / credit broker will then carry out a visible credit search of your file with the Credit Reference Agencies in order to make a decision about your application. Multiple searches undertaken by financial providers may cause adverse effects on your file.
4. Your information will also be checked with fraud prevention agencies including CIFAS and other relevant organisations. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
5. Further details explaining how the information held by fraud prevention agencies may be used can be obtained by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You agree that you will take all reasonable steps to ensure that you provide full and accurate information. If you become aware that any information you have provided is false, inaccurate or misleading, you must inform us as soon as possible.
8. If false or inaccurate information is provided, or if a reasonable suspicion of fraud or any other criminal offence is identified, details may be shared with fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and other interested parties who may access and use this information. We may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
9. A lender’s acceptance criteria may require that they carry out a further credit search to verify your identity, confirm your address, assess your creditworthiness and to prevent and detect financial crime. In doing so details of this search may be left on your credit files. This search can be viewed by the credit reference agency and any other organisation that conducts a credit search, including other lenders. These organisations may use this information in the future to help make credit decisions, prevent financial crime and to trace debtors.
10. If you are accepted by a lender, you will be provided with pre-contract information, a credit agreement, and any further terms and conditions and information as required by legislation.
11. We will not charge you a fee for carrying out the credit broking services. If you enter into a credit agreement with a lender, we will be paid a fee by Norton Finance and Mortgages Limited. If you request, we will tell you, in good time before you enter into the credit agreement, the amount (or if the precise amount cannot be known at the time of request, the likely amount) of any fee payable to us by the lender.
12. All terms of the loan will be detailed in your documents sent through from Norton Finance and Mortgages Limited. L4O is not responsible for the wording or terms of these agreements, and it is the customers responsibility to ensure they understand and are familiar with them.
1. L4O, in referencing surgeons on its website, is not making any formal recommendation about any surgeon mentioned. L4O has conducted due-diligence on these surgeons to assess their standing with the General Medical Council and that there are no restrictions to practice on their record that means they would be committing a GMC breach by treating you for the specific procedure you are applying for a loan for.
2. L4O will not be held accountable for potential negligence on behalf of any surgeon. Any clinical agreement reached by the L4O customer (patient) and the surgeon is strictly between them. To honour our obligations to the ICO, L4O requests that patients do not send any detailed clinical information to us other than the details of the surgical procedure for which you require a loan. All other clinical details must stay between you and your treating doctor / surgeon.
3. L4O will only process an application for a loan if a GMC registered medical professional has signed, dated and therefore completed the confirmation and vulnerability assessment that mentions the patient, the procedure and the cost of the procedure. L4O reserves the right to alter this vulnerability assessment / confirmation at any point in the future, to include further information. This is to satisfy our regulatory obligations to the FCA.
4. If false or inaccurate information is provided, or if a reasonable suspicion of fraud or any other criminal offence is identified, details may be shared with fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and other interested parties who may access and use this information. We may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
5. If there is no clinical justification for the procedure, the surgeon or doctor will not sign the vulnerability assessment. You are within your rights to seek a second opinion, and you do not have to use any of the surgeons listed on the website; however, L4O must be able to conduct due diligence on the clinician if they are not registered with us.
6. If a doctor fails a due diligence and vulnerability check, L4O will not process the loan request.
7. If an allegation of negligence is levelled by the patient at the doctor or surgeon, the loan terms are still enforceable and the agreement remains between the lender and the customer if a loan has been taken out.
8. If additional equipment, prostheses or procedures end up being performed, whether at the time of your surgical procedure or afterwards, and if additional costs are incurred by you in excess of the loan amount that you have agreed with the loans broker or lender, then L4O will bear no liability for this, and any such costs will remain the sole responsibility of the patient / borrower themselves.
1. These provisions should be read carefully, as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of our Site. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation. These Terms do not apply to or affect our liability to you in respect of any product or service you may obtain from us by using our Site, and our liability to you in respect of such product or service is governed by the relevant set of terms and conditions applicable to each such product or service.
2. Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in our Site, we accept no responsibility for your use of or inability to use or the results of your use of our Site, nor for any errors or omissions contained in our Site, nor if our Site is unavailable for any time or any period. We provide the Site “as is”. The use of our Site and the materials contained in it are entirely at your own risk.
3. We shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect:
i) financial losses (including without limitation loss of income, revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
ii) loss of goodwill or reputation;
iii) any loss or damage we could not reasonably have expected to foresee or reasonably have expected to occur that you may suffer and that arises out of or in connection with any errors or omissions contained in our Site, or your use of or access to our Site, or your inability to use or the results of your use of our Site.
4. We shall not be responsible for the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third-party software that may be used in connection with our Site.
1. We may amend this Agreement and the products, services and prices detailed on this website from time to time, as we see fit. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages. By continuing to use the website after any changes have been made, you agree that you will be deemed to have accepted the changes. Some of the provisions contained in these terms may also be supplemented and/or superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
2. If you have any questions about the Agreement, or any other aspect of this website, please contact us at L4O, 36 Dene Road Northwood London Middlesex HA6 2DA, call us on 0203 9165050 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
3. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a Credit Broker. Our Firm reference number is 951173.
4. We aim to provide an excellent service to all customers. If you feel that we have failed to provide our service or if you wish to make a formal complaint of any kind, you can write to us at the address listed above. We will handle and respond to your complaint in line with our complaints handling process. If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
5. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts, or by Scots Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts if you are resident in Scotland at the time of entering the Agreement with us.
CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES (including but not limited to)
Consumer Services Team
PO Box 491
Consumer Help Service
PO Box 8000
Credit File Advice Service
PO Box 1140
1. Credit reference agencies keep comprehensive information. This includes information related to the electoral roll and records of county court judgements and bankruptcies. They also retain information relating to previous and existing credit and a record of searches made against the file.
2. The lenders share information through the agencies providing a history of how timely payments are being made or have been made. Loan information is usually held on file for 6 years. Information about credit searches is kept for up to 2 years.
Reports from CIFAS relating to fraud and fraud avoidance are also available to most lenders. These contain information indicating that fraud, or attempted fraud, has been notified by a lender. The information might not directly relate to you, it might relate to someone who has tried to impersonate you. Data available to members of CIFAS may also be used to help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals for you and members of your household.