What data do we collect?
L4O collects the following data for potential customers:
- Preferred salutation, First name, Last name, Date of birth, Gender, Marital status
- Operation required, Size of loan
- Name of Consultant, Contact details of Consultant, Hospital or clinic at which you were seen
- Home address, Length of time at address, Email
- Name of Employer, Employer’s address, Duration of service to employer, Number of children
- Gross income, Other income
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide L4O with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete an application form or contact form for our service or request for a partner service.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- L4O may conduct surveys that are in the “vital interests”, or “legitimate interests” of the data subject. This is done under a lawful basis for processing. If appropriate, on request we can send the DSAR form.
How will we use your data?
L4O collects your data so that we can:
- Process your request to apply for a loan through Norton Broker Services.
- Manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
L4O will only share your data with our broker, Norton Broker Services.
When L4O processes your application form, it securely stores your data on our CRM Hubspot (the servers carrying this info are secured safely by Hubspot within the EU). L4O will keep your data for the period of time that complies with FCA and ICO rules on the matter. After you conclude a transaction with Norton Broker Services and draw down funds from a lender, we will store this for a period of three years. Once this period has expired, we will delete your data from our CRM system.
L4O would like to send you information about future products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop L4O from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
What are your data protection rights?
L4O would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: you have the right to request L4O for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that L4O corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that L4O complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request that L4O erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that L4O restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to L4O’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request that L4O transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Understanding how you have come to the website across the internet and from which sites.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – L4O uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in, A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – L4O uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. L4O sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that L4O has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113